Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A new beginning

Welcome to my new blog. Having never had a blog before, this was a slightly scary endeavor. I decided to create this blog mainly to keep all of my family informed of what our family is doing. I also wanted to hopefully inspire anyone who needs a lift in their day by seeing that no one is perfect and life, with all of it's ups and downs, can be lived with humor and a little bit of sanity. In otherwords, if I can try and make it, then anyone can. I would also love to talk to quilter's and quilter's who are nurses. Interesting combination hey? Quilting is my obsession and my passion. I have a limited amount of time for this craft due to my home and work schedule, but I try to treat myself at least once a week to some 'quilting personal time'.

I am a mother of 7 children. 6 boys and 1 girl. My husband is a farmer and cattleman. All of my boys love the farm and want to be involved for the rest of their lives with that. My daughter loves riding four wheelers and spending a few hours with the horses but is a typical girl and doesn't want to work there because she can't stand being DIRTY. She loves to stay home and sew with mom. Yeh!

I also work full-time as a registered nurse in the Labor and Delivery department. What a wonderful experience! I am very blessed to be able to work where I do. Although we do have our tragic times, for the most part it is a happy place to work. We have some extremely wonderful nurses working in our department. I am taught every day by these ladies.

In the next few days, I will be adding photos of my family and friends. I would invite anyone who would have quilting tips or tools that they would like to share with me to comment any time. Other comments about working and having a family, or nursing tips would greatly be appreciated. Let's Share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Kare Bear! I'm looking forward to reading your blog (and maybe I'll finally start my own.....). Love ya'!