Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Carry-On Bag






I just had to show off my new carry-on bag that I made for our recent trip to Disneyland. I drafted my own pattern so that I could accomodate the things that I needed in a bag. It has a large pocket on the outside that I used for easy access to plane tickets and itineraries. The inside has a zippered pocket on one side and the
other side has a large pocket that is sectioned into three sections. Cell phones and iPods fit nicely into these. I made the straps longer so that I can place the bag over my head and shoulder for security. The bag is lined with a thick canvas for support. It worked smashingly! I would really encourage anyone to try and start drafting their own patterns. Start simple. After a few tries, your experience will give you the confidence to get fancy. If you need to chat about how to start, let's talk. I would love to talk to you.

2 comments:

Betsy in Idaho said...

I had the privilege of seeing this bag in person. It is lovely! I just need to conquer my fear of zippers :)

Des said...

3 times a charm, right?? I'll try to comment ONE more time. Such a great bag by such a smart lady. You're a brave zipper lady. I want to take a bag like this to Disneyland! (said in whining voice with pouty face) xxoo
des