Friday, March 7, 2008

Back to the Real World!

Yesterday started my very busy two week stint of extra hours of work, multiple church events and dance competitions for Madison. I hope that I am ready. Two weeks ago, we took the whole family to Disneyland, Sea World and Knoxberry Farm. We had an absolutely wonderful time! But, because I took 9 days off from work, guess who gets scheduled extra hours at work. ME. It is spring break time from school and the Easter holiday. Many of the girls from work have asked for time off to be with their kids for spring break and I just took my vacation, so I get extra hours. Madison has three dance competitions for three weekends in a row, and we have our yearly stake Primary Easter program next Sunday. This includes a practice the Sunday before and making thank-you gifts for the ~150 children that are participating. It has been a wonderful experience every year for the children. We also have stake conferences all day Sunday for the next two Sunday's. Whew!!!

My husband Mark is trying to get things prepared for the upcoming farming season. We still have about 10 cows that have not calved out yet, but hopefully that will happen this week. The weather has been so cold this week that he is having a really hard time getting augers thawed out so that he can start trucking grain again. He usually starts farming in the fields about the 15th of March, but with the wonderful wet winter that we have had this year, he still cannot even get up to the farm without snowmachines or four-wheelers. He is really getting antsy to get going. I think he is getting tired of doing housework instead of farmwork. Now don't we all feel sorry for him? Ha Ha.

I have a couple of good friends who have found a wonderful website for crafters, quilters or just people who appreciate handcrafted items for purchase. The website is www.etsy.com. There are so many different pattens and handcrafted items that one can purchase for a minimal fee. I found a crocheted bath puff pattern from there. I ended up making about 20 of them for Christmas. One of my new favorite sellers is a lady called Taffy Jane. Check her out. Great patterns!

Today I am machine quilting a table runner and two matching candle mats. As soon as they are completed, I will post pictures of these simple, yet colorful items. Granted, not some of my best work, but they match in my newly decorated living room. Any other suggestions for decorating ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully I can post a few things in the next few weeks, but with my schedule, they will be short and sweet. Thanks for reading.

No comments: