Friday, April 11, 2008

Great day of fabric shopping

Today I have a fabulous day shopping with my quilting friends. There is a wonderful little quilt shop a few hours away from us that we like to get together and take a little trip to visit. It is almost like sensory overload. All the different colors, patterns and textures are thrilling to see. There are so many ideas there that you come home wishing you could spend the rest of your life just quilting. I purchased more material for a couple of handbags and some for an apron that I am designing. This will soon be on my etsy store. I also purchased some novelty prints for an I Spy book. The pattern is available on www.quilttaffy@blogspot.com. Cute, Cute! I want to make a few of these to put in my 'future grandma' box. I am hoping that they are not too moth ridden or musty smelling before they can be used. Ha Ha. I also purchased a pattern for a skirt from the Amy Butler line of patterns. These will be for my daughter. She loves skirts and loves to twirl around in them. I am wishing that there were more hours in the day for me to sew. I am totally rejuvinated. I would encourage anyone to take a few friends - even if they are not quilters - and spend a day just looking and 'petting' fabric. It has truly been a great time for all of us. We all definately have different taste in colors and style, but that is what makes it so fun. We have done this outing quite a few times now and we just love every minute of it. We stop for lunch and laugh and giggle. What more could you want. I am going to go and do some sewing. Have fantastic day!

3 comments:

Betsy in Idaho said...

It was a wonderful day of laughing, visiting, and shopping. I too wish I could just spend my whole life working on quilts!

Des said...

I'm pretty sure karebear spent the most money!! Way to go girl! You're a good shopper. LOVE my purse. I want to make them in every colorway! Can't wait until Utah!

Des said...

p.s. it's www.quilttaffy.blogspot.com :)