Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One more quilt finished.


I just finished my next quilt for my daughter's bedroom. She chose the flower material and the purple back. It was a little difficult to figure out what to do with all of the flowers and make it look half way reasonable. My quilter did a fantastic job in putting it all together!
I also belong to a stitching group consisting of ladies from work. Here is my latest stitching project. You embroider the pattern, tea dye it and then you chalk inside figures. The chalk we use is located by all of the scrapbooking supplies. You can add texture and highlights, shadows and anything else that you want to add. It certainly has been fun creating different pictures.

Starting third grade this week. Can't imagine that she is actually old enough to be going to third grade. She is so excited to be going back to school. She was getting extremely bored at home and loves being with everyone again. Tried to get pictures of the boys on their 1st day back to school, they hate their pictures taken and so that was a no go.

2 comments:

Betsy in Idaho said...

Wow, 3rd Grade already.... Why is everything happening so much faster as I get older? Love the quilt, it is happy!

lindagerig said...

Love the snowman stitchery. what pattern company had the pattern? Linda Gerig

got your name from quilt taffy. my favorite blog. wish she would do tutorials for some of the retreat stuff.