Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
TO ME! AND MY HUSBAND
This month my husband and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been that many years. I don't feel old enough to be married for that long. I am sure I was a child bride when I got married. Ha Ha. Anyway, I was able to choose my anniversary gift. Below are pictures of my new Janome!!!!
Am I lucky or what?
I am so excited to start sewing with it. It has a great applique stitch and some different decorative stitches that I haven't had before. Fun, Fun. Isn't my husband great? I made a great choice 27 1/2 years ago. Thanks honey!


Notice the great felted wool pincushions! We made these at our recent quilt retreat. If you would like to make one for yourself, go to Quilt Taffy blog for the website of the creative lady who is selling the kits for these. They are so easy to make. Thanks to Betsy for showing us how to make them.

5 comments:

Des said...

WOW!! You.are.just.spoiled. Can't wait to see what you whip out with this one!! Congrats on 27 years. xxoo

Corrie said...

I'm totally jealous. 27 years - Congrats! You did well with the machine & hubby. Happy Anniversary!

The quilting nurse said...

I know! I know! I am very lucky. I think I am going to finish the quilt I started cutting out at retreat that is made out of Mary Englebrecht (sp?) fabric. Fun Fun

Betsy in Idaho said...

New sewing machine -- WOW! Congrats on 27 years of marriage.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

do you have a link to the quilt taffy blog - I could not find it and think the pin cushions look interesting to make.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/